Know who's calling.
Want to know who it is before you pick up the phone? Get Caller ID and you can see the phone number of the incoming call.
Caller ID is an optional service which allows a customer to see the telephone number of incoming calls.The calling telephone number will be displayed on a customer-provided display unit. The calling telephone number will be displayed between the first and second rings.
Caller ID with Call Waiting
When a customer, who subscribes to the Caller ID with Call Waiting feature, is using the telephone and receives a second call, the telephone number of the second call will be displayed on the Caller ID unit. The customer's Caller ID unit must be equipped to accept the Call Waiting information.
Deluxe Caller ID
Name and number, please.
Don't worry about remembering whose phone number that is. With Deluxe Caller ID, the person's name and phone number appears.
Deluxe Caller ID service is an enhancement of Caller ID service. This service will allow the subscriber to see the telephone number and name of the caller. All conditions, including blocking and unblocking options, are the same for Caller ID and Deluxe Caller ID service.
Deluxe Caller ID with Call Waiting
Need to take that second call? You'll know at a glance.
When you're on the phone and someone else beeps, should you put your first call on hold and see who it is? No need with Deluxe Caller ID with Call Waiting. The person's name and phone number appears, so you'll know. Then, it's your call.
Deluxe Caller ID with Call Waiting service is an enhancement of Caller ID
with Call Waiting service. This service will allow the subscriber to see the telephone number and name of the caller. All conditions, including blocking and unblocking options, are the same for Caller ID with Call Waiting and Deluxe Caller ID with Call Waiting service.
Anonymous Call Rejection
In addition to the ability to see the telephone number of incoming calls, Caller ID Service also provides the customer with the ability to reject calls from callers who have chosen to block the passage of their telephone numbers on outgoing calls. This feature, called Anonymous Call Rejection (ACR), can be activated or deactivated as the Caller ID subscriber desires by dialing specific codes.
Anonymous Call Rejection comes with any of the Caller ID services.
- To activate Anonymous Call Rejection, listen for dial tone. Press *77. You will then get a recording telling you your Anonymous Call Rejection service is on.
- To deactivate Anonymous Call Rejection, listen for dial tone, press *87. You will then get a recording telling you your Anonymous Call Rejection service is off. When initially provided, ACR is deactivated. ACR will remain on or off until the customer makes a change. When a caller, who has blocked the passage of his/her telephone number, calls a Caller ID subscriber who has activated ACR, he/she will receive an announcement that the customer is not accepting calls from callers who are blocking their telephone number. In addition, in this situation, the Caller ID subscriber's telephone will not ring. Any blocked call routed to the Anonymous Call Rejection announcement will not be rated as a completed call. There are several ways to complete a call to a Caller ID subscriber who has activated Anonymous Call Rejection:
Options (1) and (2) involve charges in addition to the cost of the call.
- place the call through an Operator
- place the call using a telephone credit card.
- place the call without blocking the telephone number. Dial *82 before dialing the number you wish to call.