The best way to get your messages.
Voice Mail does things an answering machine can't like answering when your line is busy or when you're on the Internet. Callers won't get a busy signal and you can pick up your messages no matter where you are from any touchtone phone. And you get private mailboxes so you always get your messages. North Penn Telephone gives away Voice Mail for FREE. Ask for it today!
Voice Mail Set Up Procedure
- To activate Busy Line Call Forwarding, listen for dial tone, press *90 and listen for stutter dial tone. Then press *11 and wait for Voice Mail to answer, then hang up.
- To activate Don't Answer Call Forwarding, listen for dial tone, press *92 and listen for stutter dial tone. Then press *11 and wait for Voice Mail to answer.
- Listen to directions and when prompted for Temporary Personal Identification Number press 0000.
- Press 4 to change personal options.
- Press 1 to change your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Press 3 to record or change your Voice Mail message.
After each change, follow prompts to save changes. All 4 of these steps must be followed in order the first time you set up your Voice Mail. When you have a message, you will have a stutter dial tone when you pick up your phone to place a call.
To Check Your Messages
Press *11 (see note). When you hear your message, press #. Press your Personal Identification Number when prompted and follow instructions. When you save or delete your messages, the stutter dial tone will go away.
Note: Customers who have their lines marked as Private for Caller ID will also be prompted to enter their user box number (this is their 7-digit telephone number).
From Another Location
Dial 570-596-7111, 570-549-7111 or 570-537-7111 depending on which exchange you are in. When prompted, press your user box number (your 7-digit telephone number). When prompted, press your Personal Identification Number and follow instructions.
To Turn Off Your Voice Mailbox.
- Listen for dial tone, press *91 and listen for stutter dial tone.
- Listen for dial tone, press *93 and listen for stutter dial tone.
To turn your voice mailbox back on, repeat steps 1 and 2 above.